Youth Regional Coordinator
US Quidditch youth regional coordinators act as representatives for and liaisons to their regions’ youth teams. Youth regional coordinators are part of the youth development team and are volunteers within the Office of the Executive Director. The office of the executive director consists of several teams, and also manages new or emerging programs, supports day to day organization operations, and works directly with the board of directors.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend regular meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks. Travel is encouraged but not required for this role.
- Act as a liaison between youth teams in your region and USQ staff
- Assist with expansion and retention efforts in your region
- Communicate with youth teams and share league updates, gather feedback, and answer questions
TASKS MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Outreach to K-12 schools in your region
- Report on trends in your region
- Provide support for youth events in your region, including USQ regionals
- Collaborate with youth development coordinators on youth programs and resource development
- Comfortable frequently answering questions via email, social media, or phone
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for helping grow quidditch at the elementary, middle school, and high school level
- One year of experience with the quidditch community
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week, including meetings