The volunteer coordinator supports the recruitment, hiring, and engagement of USQ’s year-round volunteer staff members.
This division of the office of the ED focuses on both day to day and long term operations of the league.
This is a year round, remote, volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address, be invited to USQ’s Slack workspace, and will attend regular meetings. Other perks include opportunities to receive free USQ membership, merchandise, and invites to internal social programs. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
- Coordinate recruitment efforts for USQ year round volunteer staff
- Assist with the hiring process of USQ year round volunteer staff
- Create opportunities for USQ year round volunteer staff to engage with one another
TASKS MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist with creating and updating role descriptions
- Maintain a comprehensive database of all volunteer staff
- Coordinate internal feedback surveys and focus groups
- Assist with applicant interview process as needed
- Supervise mentorship program
- Create outreach campaigns to recruit new year round volunteer staff
- Help develop training materials
- Plan and operate social events
- Collaborate with volunteer engagement committee on projects
- Receiving feedback from members of staff
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Comfortable with leading conflict management conversations
- Interest in volunteer management, human resources, or other relevant fields
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week, including meetings