Tournament Director (TD) Support Committee Member
USQ's Tournament Director certification program works to ensure that all official events meet USQ requirements for safety and gameplay, that tournament directors are aware of the resources available to them, and that events meet the league's quality standard. Every official event must be organized by someone who has received USQ tournament director certification.
The Tournament Director (TD) Support Committee is part of the Events Department. The committee is open to those on USQ staff, as well as experienced TDs who are not involved with USQ.
We are aiming to recruit five (5) more people for the committee. Existing committee members include:
- Jeremy Taylor, TD Certification Coordinator
- Amanda Perry, TD Support Coordinator
- Carrie Soukup, TD Support Coordinator
- Olivia Caughey, Events Manager
- Mary Kimball, Events Director
- Attend a one hour meeting every other week with other committee members to discuss upcoming events, the TD certification program, and challenges TDs are facing. Meetings will begin in September and run through March.
- Mentor TDs
- Provide support and feedback on the TD certification program
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Emailing TDs you are assigned to mentor to set up an introductory meeting and answer questions they have about their next event
- Provide guidance and advice to TDs throughout the planning process
- Assist USQ with tracking and supporting policy compliance for teams competing at official events
- Assist with generating other resources and training materials for the TD certification program
- 2 years experience as a USQ certified TD
- Ability to mentor and provide advice to TDs
- Availability to volunteer a minimum of 1 hour/week including meetings
- Have prior experience in event organization and coordination
- Have a good understanding of current USQ gameplay policies
- 3+ years experience as a USQ certified TD
- Availability to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week including meetings
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted throughout the season but those interested are encouraged to apply by September 1.
Applicants will have a short interview with USQ Events Director Mary Kimball and discuss their experience, interest in the position, and availability. We will select up to five (5) more people to join the committee for the 2019-20 season. Meetings will begin in September.
The committee is a pilot program aimed at creating more opportunities for people to be involved with USQ. As such, new committee members who are not already on year round USQ staff will not receive a USQ email address, but they will need to sign a Volunteer Service Agreement. Outside of meetings, work will take place via email and on USQ’s Slack account.