Tournament Director Support Coordinator
USQ's Tournament Director Support Coordinator works with TDs to ensure that all official events meet USQ requirements for safety and gameplay, that tournament directors are aware of the resources available to them, and that events meet the league's quality standard.
The Tournament Director (TD) Support Coordinator is part of the Events Department, works with the Tournament Director Certification Coordinator, and reports directly to the Director of Events & Partnerships.
- Attend a one hour meeting every other week with other committee members to discuss upcoming events, the TD certification program, and challenges TDs are facing
- Mentor TDs
- Provide feedback and ideas for TD resources
- Support with team event compliance progress
Tasks may include but are not limited to
- Email TDs you are assigned to mentor to set up an introductory meeting and answer questions they have about their next event
- Provide guidance and advice to TDs throughout the planning process
- Assist USQ with tracking and supporting policy compliance for teams competing at official events
- Assist with generating other resources and training materials for the TD Certification program
- 2 years experience as a USQ certified TD
- Ability to mentor and provide advice to TDs
- Have a firm understanding of current USQ gameplay policies
- Availability to volunteer a minimum of 1 hour/week, including meetings