Tournament Director Certification Coordinator
USQ's Tournament Director certification program works to ensure that all official events meet USQ requirements for safety and gameplay, that tournament directors are aware of the resources available to them, and that events meet the league's quality standard. Every official event must be organized by someone who has received USQ tournament director certification.
The Tournament Director (TD) Certification Coordinator is part of the Events Department, works with the Tournament Director Support Coordinators, and reports directly to the Events Director.
The TD certification coordinator has the following duties:
- Develop training materials, including the training video, and assessments for certification program.
- Grade TD assessments and maintain database of certified TDs.
- Assist with post-event follow-ups.
- Answer questions about USQ policies as they relate to official games through email, as well as in the Certified TD Facebook Page.
- Provide support to the Events Director and Events Gameplay Team in the area of policy compliance as it relates to official games and TD certification.
Recommended knowledge, skills, & abilities:
- Have at least 2 years of quidditch experience as a tournament director or organizer
- Have a good understanding of current USQ gameplay policies
- Have prior experience in event organization and coordination
- Exhibit professionalism and have experience working in a customer service-oriented environment
The TD certification coordinator is expected to attend a bi-weekly meeting with the TD team and the Events Director in order to discuss event-related concerns and priorities, as well as various projects. This volunteer position requires a commitment of an of average 2-3 hours a week, with an additional 2-3 additional hours per week needed to develop resources in the summer months.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by Sunday, June 24, and interviews will be held the week of June 25. The position will start Monday, July 2.