Social Media Coordinator
USQ’s Communications Department, managed by the executive director and strategic planning manager, publicizes the sport of quidditch and the activities of USQ to pre existing players and fan bases and seeks to expand the league’s audience. It also focuses on visually representing the sport in a way that is consistent with USQ’s messaging and brand guidelines.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department as needed. They will have the opportunity to work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
Create and execute social media campaigns for USQ events and programs
Tasks may include but are not limited to
- Create social media campaigns for USQ events and programs, which includes proposals for graphics and copy
- Share ideas for social media coverage schedule
- Create and edit social media copy and graphics
- Post on USQ social media accounts as needed this includes: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Strong writing skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week