Social Media Coordinator
The social media coordinator creates engaging posts for USQ's Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram account.
This division of the communications department focuses on publicizing the sport of quidditch and the activities of USQ to athletes and fan bases and seeks to expand the league’s audience. It also focuses on visually representing the sport in a way that is consistent with USQ’s messaging and brand guidelines. Additionally, focus is placed on the internal communication of announcements and projects.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address, be invited to USQ’s Slack workspace, and will attend regular leadership and department meetings. Other perks include opportunities to receive free USQ membership, merchandise, and invites to internal social programs. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
Create and execute social media campaigns for USQ events, programs, and announcements
Tasks may include but are not limited to
- Create social media campaigns for USQ events, programs, and announcements, which includes proposals for graphics and copy
- Share ideas for social media coverage schedule
- Create and edit social media copy and graphics
- Post on USQ social media accounts as needed this includes: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Strong writing skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week