USQ’s gameplay department, managed by the executive director and the director of events and partnerships, consists of gameplay coordinators, referee coordinators, snitch coordinators, and rules coordinators. Staff in this department work together to supervise and run all aspects of USQ gameplay, ensuring that the league maintains high standards of competition and fair play.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department as needed. They will have the opportunity to work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
- Develops and maintains the snitch certifying and evaluating program
- Develops and administers snitch training resources
- Evaluates and enforces USQ gameplay rules as it relates to snitches
Tasks may include but are not limited to
- Discuss potential changes to snitch certifying and evaluating program
- Create and maintain snitch resources
- Survey snitch post event season
- Collaborate with gameplay department teams on other projects
- 1+ years as certified USQ snitch
- Passion for the sport and its rules
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 1 hours/week including meetings