USQ’s gameplay department, managed by the executive director and the director of events and partnerships, consists of gameplay coordinators, referee coordinators, snitch coordinators, and rules coordinators. Staff in this department work together to supervise and run all aspects of USQ gameplay, ensuring that the league maintains high standards of competition and fair play.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department as needed. They will have the opportunity to work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
- Identify issues with the current rulebook and discuss solutions
- Identify areas of inconsistent rules enforcement to be addressed in the casebook
Tasks may include but are not limited to
- Discuss potential changes to the rulebook sourced from within the team and the broader community
- Write and edit the rulebook and casebook
- Collaborate with gameplay department teams on other projects
- Passion for the sport and its rules
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week, including meetings