US Quidditch regional coordinators act as representatives for and liaisons to their regions’ teams and individual members. Regional coordinators are volunteers within the member services department and report directly to the strategic planning manager. The member services department consists of regional development, coach memberships, fan memberships, and member services. Staff in this department work together to assist members in understanding and complying with USQ requirements, as well as getting the most out of their membership.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend regular meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department. They will work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks. Travel is encouraged but not required for this role.
- Act as a liaison between teams in your region and USQ staff
- Assist with expansion and retention efforts within your region
- Communicate with teams and share league updates, gather feedback, and answer questions via email and social media
TASKS MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Outreach to new team prospects and unofficial teams in your region
- Assist with reviewing and providing feedback for league update articles and initiatives pertaining to members
- Report on trends in your region
- Help with member services administrative tasks, including tracking team requirement completion and reviewing enrollment submissions
- Provide support for USQ hosted events in your region as needed
- Comfortable frequently answering questions via email, social media platforms, or phone
- Strong interpersonal skills
- One year of experience with the quidditch community
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week, including meetings