US Quidditch regional coordinators act as representatives for and liaisons to their regions’ teams. Regional coordinators are volunteers within the member relations division of the member services department.This division of the member services department communicates with and supports developing and existing teams. Additionally, this division provides administrative support for USQ members.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend regular meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department. They will work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks. Travel is encouraged but not required for this role.
- Act as a liaison between teams in your region and USQ staff
- Assist with expansion and retention efforts within your region
- Communicate with teams and share league updates, gather feedback, and answer questions via email and social media
TASKS MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Outreach to new team prospects and unofficial teams in your region
- Assist with reviewing and providing feedback for league update articles and initiatives pertaining to teams
- Report on trends in your region
- Help with member services administrative tasks as needed, including tracking team requirement completion and reviewing enrollment submissions
- Organizing team awards
- Comfortable frequently answering questions via email, social media platforms, or phone
- Strong interpersonal skills
- One year of experience with the quidditch community
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week, including meetings