PR & Editorial Coordinator
USQ’s Communications Department, managed by the executive director and strategic planning manager, publicizes the sport of quidditch and the activities of USQ to pre existing players and fan bases and seeks to expand the league’s audience. It also focuses on visually representing the sport in a way that is consistent with USQ’s messaging and brand guidelines.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department as needed. They will have the opportunity to work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
- Draft press release and media alerts for USQ events and programs
- Maintain USQ’s internal and external press archive
- Assist with other PR and editorial tasks
Tasks may include but are not limited to
- Draft and edit press releases and media alerts for USQ events and programs
- Pitch and write editorial articles for USQ’s websit
- An example can be found here
- Maintain USQ's internal and external press archive
- Research media contacts
- Develop media story pitches
- Strong writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week, including meetings