New & Developing Team Support Coordinator
US Quidditch new & unofficial team support coordinators provide resources and support to new and developing quidditch teams. New & unofficial team support coordinators are volunteers within the member relations division of the member services department.
This division of the member services department communicates with and supports developing and existing teams. Additionally, this division provides administrative support for USQ members.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address, be invited to USQ’s Slack workspace, and will attend regular team and department meetings. Other perks include opportunities to receive free USQ membership, merchandise, and invites to internal social programs. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks. Travel is encouraged but not required for this role.
- Assist with expansion and retention efforts across all USQ regions
- Communicate with teams and schools and help answer questions via email and social media
TASKS MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Outreach to new team prospects and unofficial teams
- One on one meetings with teams regularly to check on progress and connect them to resources
- Communicate with school administrators of new or developing teams to answer questions
- Organizing team awards
- Supervise joint team program
- Comfortable frequently answering questions via email, social media platforms, or phone
- Strong interpersonal skills
- One year of experience with the quidditch community
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week, including meetings