The merchandise designer creates graphics for USQ merchandise. This role reports to the merchandise team lead.
This division of the communications department focuses on publicizing the sport of quidditch and the activities of USQ to athletes and fan bases and seeks to expand the league’s audience. It also focuses on visually representing the sport in a way that is consistent with USQ’s messaging and brand guidelines. Additionally, focus is placed on the internal communication of announcements and projects.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address, be invited to USQ’s Slack workspace, and will attend regular leadership and department meetings. Other perks include opportunities to receive free USQ membership, merchandise, and invites to internal social programs. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
- Assist with the creation of new products for USQ
- Design graphics for USQ merchandise
Tasks may include but are not limited to
- Work with merchandise coordinators to plan for new products
- Create design for USQ merchandise including shirts, sweaters, etc.
- Attention to detail on projects
- Interest or experience in graphic design for merchandise
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week including meetings