USQ’s Communications Department, managed by the executive director and strategic planning manager, publicizes the sport of quidditch and the activities of USQ to pre existing players and fan bases and seeks to expand the league’s audience. It also focuses on visually representing the sport in a way that is consistent with USQ’s messaging and brand guidelines.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department as needed. They will have the opportunity to work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
- Manage inventory of USQ merch
- Assist with the creation of new products for USQ events
Tasks may include but are not limited to
- Help manage inventory of USQ merch and assist with the reorder process for current products
- Propose new products to be sold online and at USQ events
- Work with graphic design coordinators to create designs for new products
- Assist with the preparation and ordering of event specific merch like shirts, tanks, and trading cards
- Attention to detail on projects
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week including meetings