Membership Expansion ManagerUSQ’s strategic plan for 2018 through 2021 is centered on sustainable expansion of the league. Specifically focusing on recruitment and retention, the Membership Expansion Manager will work to achieve the key goals outlined in our strategic plan and to support the membership department’s programs. The Membership Expansion Manager will work closely with the Executive Director, Membership Director, and other staff and volunteers to ensure that USQ’s membership department is able to successfully and sustainably grow.
This part-time non-exempt position reports to the Executive Director. This is a remote position. Weekend/evening work hours can be expected to fulfill position responsibilities, and domestic travel may be required at least once per year. The position is 15 hours per week. The pay range for this position is $15.38 to $18.30 an hour. This is a short-term position from Fall 2018 through Summer 2019.
- Develop resources and guidance materials to assist team development, including creating recruitment resources for teams.
- Identify and address barriers to entry for new teams into the sport at all levels, focusing primarily on collegiate teams.
- Identify and address barriers to entry to official membership for teams at all levels, focusing primarily on collegiate teams.
- Assist with development efforts for youth and high school teams.
- Assist in implementing the Strategic Plan in order to effectively address membership expansion needs.
- Identify opportunities for further sustainable expansion of the league.
- Assist with general projects as requested by the Executive Director.
- At least one year of sports development experience, or equivalent.
- Experience with quidditch preferred.
- Goal-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize between many critical tasks and manage time well.
- Able to travel at least one time per year. May be asked to travel to US Quidditch Cup in early April.
- Cover Letter
Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply by Thursday, September 20, 2018.