Member Development Manager
The member development manager supervises the leadership development and athlete development team leads. This role reports to USQ’s executive team.
This division of the member services department trains, certifies, develops, and supports team leaders and athletes.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address, be invited to USQ’s Slack workspace, and will attend regular leadership and department meetings. Other perks include opportunities to receive free USQ membership, merchandise, and invites to internal social programs. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
- Supervise progress of all team projects
- Supervise team leads
- Submit funding requests for organization and project budgets to executive team
- Coordinate social activities for the department, with the support of team leads and the volunteer engagement team
TASKS MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Stay up to date with all team updates
- Step in as team lead for teams who do not have a lead
- Approve any department operation related projects
- Set and track strategic goals and how department projects relate to short-term goals of the organization
- Approve department team lead(s), coordinator(s), and project support hiring, lead team hiring interviews, and guide onboarding process of new department members
- Provide team leads with access to USQ resources (account log-ins, etc)
- Help work on team projects as needed
- Post articles to website; make updates to web pages on behalf of teams as needed
- Share any updates from other departments with the relevant team lead
- Support team leads in the performance evaluation process for coordinators and project support volunteers
- Assess performance of team leads
- 1+ year of involvement in a leadership role in the quidditch community
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
- Comfortable giving feedback to peers
- Willingness to mentor team members
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 4-5 hours/week
Please note that this role is only considering current USQ volunteer staff applicants until January 5, 2021. External applicants will be considered after that date if the role is not filled internally.