USQ’s gameplay department, managed by the executive director and the director of events and partnerships, consists of gameplay coordinators, referee coordinators, snitch coordinators, and rules coordinators. Staff in this department work together to supervise and run all aspects of USQ gameplay, ensuring that the league maintains high standards of competition and fair play.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department as needed. They will have the opportunity to work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
- Evaluates and enforces USQ gameplay policies
- Scheduling for all USQ Events
Tasks may include but are not limited to
- Participate in gameplay policy discussions on a regular basis and contribute a substantial opinion on each issue
- Determining the system for ranking official teams (including writing and maintaining the rankings algorithm)
- Continually review the scheduling, disciplinary procedure, player requirements, equipment standardization, and other gameplay issues and revise as necessary
- Schedule all games for USQ Regionals and US Quidditch Cup
- Answer questions from attendees and teams during USQ Events
- Collaborate with gameplay department teams on other projects
- 1+ years involvement with quidditch
- Passion for the sport and its rules
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week including meetings
To apply, please fill out this form linked here. If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com.