Field Staff Coordinator
Volunteers in USQ’s Events Department help plan regional and national championships, along with supporting other programs like tournament director certification and event sanctioning. Field staff coordinators are part of the Event Volunteers Team and focus on supervising field managers who facilitate games on-site at USQ events.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend regular meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department. They will work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
Supervise field managers at USQ events
TASKS MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Determine volunteer needs across all event staff teams at USQ events
- Recruit general volunteers, specifically field staff coordinators
- Maintain a comprehensive database of volunteers
- Create volunteer schedules for USQ Events
- Develop volunteer training materials, including written materials and training calls
- Communicate with all volunteers before the event
- Ensure that all volunteer needs are planned for and met during USQ events
- Facilitate positive relationship building amongst volunteers
- 1+ years experience helping with quidditch events
- Available to volunteer an average of 2 hours/week, including meetings.
- Weeks leading up to regionals (October, November, February, and March) can average about 4 hours/week.
- Weeks leading up to nationals (mid-April) can average about 8 hours/week.