Fan Festival Coordinator
Volunteers in USQ’s Events Department help plan regional and national championships, along with supporting other programs like tournament director certification and event sanctioning. Fan Festival Coordinators are part of the Hospitality Team and focus on hospitality programs that help to support the experience of attendees outside of gameplay, like fan festival, guest services, VIP experience, and concession.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend regular meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department. They will work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
- Coordinate hospitality aspects of all Regional Championships and US Quidditch Cup
- Organize fan festival area and entertainment at US Quidditch Cup
- Assist with hospitality programs at special events
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Create fan festival information for team orientation packet
- Ensure that vendors have access to information about the sport and event
- In conjunction with Vendor Coordinator, research and coordinate outside vendors that enhance the festival atmosphere of USQ events
- Organize spectator activities
- Youth quidditch
- In conjunction with the Youth Development Team in the Membership Department, plan youth quidditch workshops
- Other projects when applicable:
- Coordinate communication with guests via print, social media, and on-site announcements
- Organize VIP experience
- Plan additional non-gameplay events as applicable, including opening ceremonies, entertainment, closing ceremonies, and afterparties
- Help coordinate USQ activities at pop culture and fan conventions
- On site at USQ events:
- Maintaining organization of fan festival area
- Primary contact for fan festival and entertainment
- Answer questions from attendees
- At US Quidditch Cup, serve in event staff roles such as: Hospitality Manager, Assistant Hospitality Manager, Ceremonies/Entertainment Coordinator, VIP Coordinator, or Youth Quidditch Coordinator.
- Ability to meet once every other week during October, November and February.
- Ability to meet once a week in March and April