USQ’s events are one of the most fundamental components of our membership program; not only do they provide the key competitive structure for our league, but they also represent the sport of quidditch to the public. The Events Manager is responsible for supporting the planning and execution of all USQ events and related programs, including nationals and regional championships.
The Events Manager works closely with the Executive Director, Events Director, and other staff and volunteers to ensure that USQ’s events are successful and reflect USQ’s mission, vision, and values. This is an nonexempt full-time position that reports to the Executive Director. This is a remote position.
The salary range for this position is $32,000-$38,000. Benefits include vacation days, paid holidays, health benefits, and professional development allowance.
GENERAL EVENT SUPPORT AND ADMINISTRATION
- Create and manage event budgets.
- Compile event planning documents for USQ events.
- Facilitate the creation of event resources and guides.
- Coordinate general logistical and planning tasks for USQ events, including regionals and nationals.
- Assist with other events department programs as necessary, including event bidding, sanctioning, and the tournament director certification program.
- Analyze event operations to determine best practices for quidditch events at all levels.
- Manage equipment inventory, ordering, and transportation to all events.
- Coordinate equipment rentals for events.
- Procure all necessary event permits and insurance for USQ events.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to assist in the administration and execution of these programs.
- Work with event staff to manage volunteer needs, training, and scheduling for all events.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Assist in management of marketing, PR, and advertising efforts for all USQ events with the goal of increasing spectator presence and public awareness of USQ.
- Write press releases and other marketing materials for USQ events.
- Overall, develop regional championships into events for which USQ can charge admission.
- At least three years of event organizing experience.
- Goal-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong writing skills
- Experience in motivating and staffing volunteers.
- Ability to motivate others and to form productive relationships with a wide variety of contractors, city officials, donors, vendors, staff and volunteers
- Ability to prioritize between many critical tasks and manage time well.
- Able to travel several times per year. Must be available to travel to US Quidditch Cup in early April.
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample - ex: press release, blog post, or announcement article
Please send application materials to email@example.com. USQ is accepting applications through September 30, 2016.
US Quidditch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.