Event Volunteers Coordinator
Volunteers in USQ’s Events Department help plan regional and national championships, along with supporting other programs like tournament director certification and event sanctioning. Event volunteer coordinators are part of the Event Volunteers Team and focus on general volunteers who help on-site at USQ events.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend regular meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department. They will work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
- Supervise volunteer aspects of USQ events
TASKS MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Determine volunteer needs across all event staff teams at USQ events
- Recruit general volunteers
- Maintain a comprehensive database of volunteers
- Create volunteer schedules for USQ Events
- Develop volunteer training materials, including written materials and training calls
- Communicate with all volunteers before the event
- Ensure that all volunteer needs are planned for and met during USQ events
- Facilitate positive relationship building amongst volunteers
- 1+ years experience helping with quidditch events or a quidditch team
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week, including meetings