Event Vendor Coordinator
Volunteers in USQ’s Events Department help plan regional and national championships, along with supporting other programs like tournament director certification and event sanctioning. Event vendor coordinators are part of the Hospitality Team and focus on hospitality programs that help enhance the experience of attendees outside of gameplay, like fan festival and VIP experience.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend regular meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department. They will work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
- Manage vendor relations for all USQ Events
- Assist with hospitality aspects of all Regional Championships and US Quidditch Cup
- Assist with hospitality programs at special events
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Contact and coordinate outside vendors that enhance the festival atmosphere of USQ events, which include food and non-food vendors
- Create database of food and non-food vendors in each USQ event host cities for future use
- Communicate with vendors on event information
- Other projects when applicable:
- Assist with the design and ordering of event trophies and/or medals
- Organize VIP experience catering and gift packages, in collaboration with VIP Experience Coordinator
- Plan additional non-gameplay events as applicable, including post USQ Event parties
- Help coordinate USQ activities at pop culture and fan conventions
- On site at USQ events:
- Maintaining organization of fan festival area in coordination with Fan Festival Coordinator
- Primary or secondary contact for vendors, food trucks, and concession
- Answer questions from attendees
- At US Quidditch Cup, serve in event staff roles such as: Hospitality Manager, Assistant Hospitality Manager, or VIP Coordinator
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week, including meetings
- Ability to meet once every other week during October, November and February.
- Ability to meet once a week in March and April