The editor helps draft and edit articles from USQ pitched by departments. This role is part of the marketing and PR division of USQ’s communications department.
This division of the communications department focuses on publicizing the sport of quidditch and the activities of USQ to athletes and fan bases and seeks to expand the league’s audience. It also focuses on visually representing the sport in a way that is consistent with USQ’s messaging and brand guidelines. Additionally, focus is placed on the internal communication of announcements and projects.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address, be invited to USQ’s Slack workspace, and will attend regular leadership and department meetings. Other perks include opportunities to receive free USQ membership, merchandise, and invites to internal social programs. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
- Draft and edit articles related to department announcements
- Depending on size of editor staff, members may be assigned to a specific department
Tasks may include but are not limited to
- Pitch and write articles for USQ’s website
- An example can be found here
- Collaborate with staff to create announcement articles for their department
- Edit articles for grammar, punctuation, etc
- Strong writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week, including meetings