The conventions coordinator helps organize logistics for any USQ involvement with conventions (such as Comicon). This role is part of the internal events division of the events department.
This division of the events department focuses on planning and implementing USQ’s virtual and in-person events. This includes regional championships and US Quidditch Cup.
This is a year round volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address, be invited to USQ’s Slack workspace, and will attend regular leadership and department meetings. Other perks include opportunities to receive free USQ membership, merchandise, and invites to internal social programs. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks. Travel to conventions is encouraged but not required.
- Coordinate logistics for any convention involvement
- Act as liaison between convention organizers and USQ
Tasks may include but are not limited to
- Collaborate with other departments or individual staff members to help plan logistics for any conventions they want to speak or present a program at
- Communicate with convention organizers as needed
- Act as an ambassador for USQ at any conventions attended
- Research conventions/events USQ could be involved with
- Interest in event planning
- Comfortable with communicating via email or phone
- Passion for showcasing the sport to new people
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week