Communications ManagerUSQ’s strategic plan for 2018 through 2021 is centered on sustainable expansion of the league, focusing on retention, recruitment, and reach. Specifically concentrating on reach, the Communications Department at US Quidditch is in charge of getting the word out about league programs and events and helping to frame league communication strategies. The Communications Manager is responsible for working with staff to communicate mission, programs, and accomplishments via printed materials, social media, and other web-related platforms.
The Communications Manager will work closely with the Executive Director, Events Director, and other staff and volunteers to ensure that USQ’s communications efforts are successful and reflect USQ’s mission, vision, and values.
This part-time non-exempt position reports to the Executive Director. This is a remote position. Weekend/evening work hours can be expected to fulfill position responsibilities, and domestic travel will be required at least once per year. The position is 25 hours per week. The pay range for this position is $15.38 to $18.30 an hour. This is a short-term position from Fall 2018 through Summer 2019.
- Write and post content on USQ social media accounts.
- Develop social media campaigns.
- Assist in creating and sending press releases.
- Edit articles for USQ website.
- Manage the USQ media archives, including press coverage, photo database, and video database.
- Regularly audit content on the USQ website to ensure accessibility of information.
- Expand engagement on USQ’s social media accounts.
- Review and update overall league communications guidelines, including the brand guidelines and style guidelines.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an updated comprehensive communications plan.
- Develop marketing calendar for USQ events.
- At least two years of communications or marketing experience or equivalent.
- Experience with sports preferred.
- Goal-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize between many critical tasks and manage time well.
- Able to travel at least one time per year. Must be able to travel to US Quidditch Cup in early April.
- Cover Letter
Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply by Thursday, September 20, 2018.