USQ “Starter Kit” Equipment Grant provides a first-year member team with the necessary supplies to host practices, scrimmages, and quidditch games. One of these grants are available for the 2017-2018 playing season.
- One full set of Peterson hoops (six hoops per set)
- One Baden Matchpoint size 5 quaffle
- Three Champion bludgers
- One snitch short set (includes shorts and tail)
- Two full sets of headbands (seven per set: one green, one yellow, two black, three white)
- Two sets of practice pinnies (12 per set, each set a different color)
- One set of short practice cones (20 per set)
- One athletic first aid kit
(Please note: the grant does not include brooms)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
A quidditch team is eligible for an USQ grant if it is an USQ official member team (with at least 10 USQ individual members), and is a first-year USQ member team.
HOW ARE APPLICATIONS EVALUATED?
Applications are reviewed and evaluated by USQ based on the following criteria:
- A demonstrated need for the equipment
- A demonstrated effort to procure other funding sources on a regular basis
- Proven dedication to community outreach
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ACCEPTANCE OF THIS GRANT?
Within 30 days of receipt of award announcement, the applicant must submit a final report, including:
- Signed copy of grant agreement
- Detailed description and assessment on use of equipment (with 3-5 high resolution photos to be published on USQ site and media outlets with a brief article)
- Recipients will develop a press release announcing the awarding of the grant to the local press
- Recipients must provide recognition of the support of USQ (to be determined upon consultation with USQ)
To apply for the grant, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm ET on September 22, 2017. The winners will be announced and equipment will be shipped shortly after.
- Age of team
- Number of players total
- Type of team (community/school; official/school; unofficial)
- Team mission/bylaws (goals of the team, administrative structure, meeting schedule etc)
- Membership fees collected
Letters of support (optional)
- Regional coordinator
- School administration
- Mentor team
- What fundraising programs has the team taken to meet financial needs? What fundraising efforts are planned for the future?
- What has the team done to involve itself with the community? How does the team plan on giving back to its community in the future?
- What efforts are planned in the future to expand the team’s player base?
- How will an equipment start-up kit further the development of the team?
- If it is a school team and the school does not recognize/support it yet, what does the team need to do in order to get the school’s support?
- Where does the team expect to be in five years? Competitively? Financially?