At large bids have been awarded to 18 teams for US Quidditch Cup 12.
As announced in the US Quidditch Cup 12 bid allocation article, teams qualified through either one of the seven regional championships or the at large bid process. US Quidditch Cup 12 will take place on April 13 and 14, 2019 in Round Rock, TX.
Both the community and collegiate divisions have at large bids. At large bids have been awarded directly to teams based on the USQ standings as of 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, March 3, 2019.
Upon confirmation of the standings, the top 12 eligible college teams and the top 6 eligible community teams in the USQ standings have been offered bids to US Quidditch Cup 12. To be eligible for an at large bid, teams were required to complete additional season play requirements.
In the community division, there are 6 at large bids available. 10 teams submitted the at large bid interest form by the March 1 deadline. Of those teams, 8 teams completed season play requirements and were eligible for an at large bid.
The following community teams have been offered a bid to US Quidditch Cup 12.
1. Carnage Quidditch
2. The Rogues
3. Philadelphia Freedom Quidditch Club
4. District of Columbia Quidditch Club
5. Houston Cosmos Quidditch Club
6. Atlantic Dragons
Should an at large bid be deferred in the community division, the following teams, in this order, are eligible:
1. California Dobbys
2. Brew City Warriors
Should there be any remaining at large bids in the community division, the following is the order of ineligible teams who would be offered one, after they have been offered to the teams above:
1. Quidditch Club Dallas
2. Cascadia Quidditch
3. Chicago United Quidditch Club
In the collegiate division, there are 16 at large bids available. 15 teams submitted the at large bid interest form by the March 1 deadline. Of those teams, 13 teams completed season play requirements. However, 1 team asked to be withdrawn from the at large process after finishing the requirements, and thus 12 were eligible for an at large bid.
The following collegiate teams have been offered a bid to US Quidditch Cup 12.
1. Bowling Green State University
2. Michigan State Quidditch
3. Harvard Horntails
4. Macaulay Honors College Marauders
5. Marquette University Quidditch
6. Illini Ridgebacks Quidditch
7. Brandeis Quidditch
8. Raptor Quidditch at the University of Utah
9. The Silver Phoenix
10. University of South Florida Quidditch
11. DeathRow Quidditch Team
12. Bobcat Quidditch
The remaining 4 at large bids in the collegiate division will be offered to ineligible teams in this order, based on their ranking on the USQ website as of Sunday, March 3 at 11:59 pm ET:
1. Louisiana State University
2. Northern Arizona University Narwhals
3. Emerson College Quidditch
4. Club Quidditch at NC State
5. Hofstra University Flying Dutchmen
6. Skidmore Quidditch
7. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Quidditch
8. Indiana University Quidditch Club
9. The Ohio State University
10. Maryville University Quidditch
11. Columbia College Chicago Quidditch
12. San Jose State University Spartan Quidditch
13. WVU Summit
14. Rutgers University Quidditch
15. University of Northern Colorado
16. Oklahoma State University
17. Drexel University Quidditch Club
18. Wooster Scottish Nationals
19. Salisbury University Quidditch Club
20. Clark University RavenClarks
21. Iowa Quidditch Club
22. Wizards of Westwood
23. Stanford Quidditch
24. Carnegie Mellon Quidditch Club
25. Wizengamot Quidditch at VCU
26. University of Toledo Quidditch
27. Tulane University Club Quidditch
28. Western Washington Wyverns
29. New York Pigeons
30. Stony Brook Quidditch
31. Sun Devil Quidditch