US Quidditch offers a comprehensive seasonal coach membership for free, which includes a certification process. Upon completion of the certification process, a USQ coach member can boast the first and only quidditch coach certification. The seasonal coach membership will expire on June 30. If an adult player or referee would like to also become a coach, they can upgrade their membership for free. Upgrade can be done on the 'Membership' tab of your USQ dashboard.
COACH - $0
Included in USQ coach membership:
- Information to access online concussion workshop
- Ability to take USQ online quiz on policies and procedures
- Upon completion of the above, USQ coach certification
- Insurance coverage while coaching any USQ official events
REGISTER FOR THE 2020-21 SEASON
- Sign up for a free account on the USQ website by clicking “Register”. If you have a free account, be sure to log-in.
- Once you have signed up/logged-in, go to ‘My Dashboard’ and click on ‘Membership’.
- Then please click ‘Upgrade My Membership’. Follow the prompts which will guide you through your membership options and help you complete your registration.
- You’ll be required to upload a 400x800 headshot of yourself on the first page.
After you complete your membership:
- Complete the free NFHS concussion training found by clicking here. Email a screenshot of the confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject: "Coach Concussion Training - Your Last Name' (Example 'Coach Concussion Training - Benepe')
- Complete the USQ policy quiz found by clicking here.
To register your team once you complete a coach membership:
- Visit our team membership page and follow the instructions listed.
- Review and complete all of the season team requirements by clicking here.
An individual can play for a maximum of one team and can coach for a maximum of one team. The team for which one plays need not be the team for which one coaches; if the two teams do differ, two separate memberships must be purchased (an individual cannot use the upgrade option when two different teams are involved). The coach member must be present when a team participates in any USQ hosted event. In this situation, the coach should join the team for which they wish to play on the USQ website and send an email to email@example.com to inform the league of their intention to coach a different team. USQ will provide the dual member with a letter of approval, which must be presented at each tournament.