Tournament Director Powers
Tournament Directors are responsible for organizing all aspects of USQ official matches. In this capacity, they are empowered to do the following:
Uphold all league gameplay policies by taking actions that include, but are not limited to:
- Verifying team rosters, as submitted online
- Ejecting players or other attendees on the basis of egregious conduct, as described by the USQ Code of Conduct, the USQ Unlawful Harassment Policy, and the USQ Disciplinary and Fair Play Policies
- Ensuring that the event equipment and format follow the requirements outlined in the USQ rulebook
Maintain conditions for player safety, by taking actions that include, but are not limited to:
- Suspending or ending a tournament early due to inclement weather
- Suspending or ending a tournament early due to unsafe conditions on one or more pitches
Tournament Directors should be aware that USQ referees have ultimate jurisdiction regarding safety or lack thereof of equipment used on the pitch (e.g. brace or headgear). TDs have jurisdiction regarding safety of the pitch itself.
Ensure that all tournaments proceed in an efficient manner, by taking actions that include, but are not limited to:
- Setting the tournament schedule and adjusting the schedule as necessary
- Setting the referee and snitch schedules and adjusting these as necessary
Tournament Directors also reserve additional powers not explicitly listed here in order to ensure the successful execution of their events.