Sin City Classic I
The Sin City Classic is a multi-day LGBTQ+ sports festival hosted annually by The Greater Los Angeles Softball Association (GLASA) in Las Vegas during the four days prior to the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. Started in 2008, the event has grown to become the largest annual LGBTQ+ sporting event in the world. USQ will be joining the event in 2022 as its 25th sport.
The tournament will take place at Anthem Park in Henderson, Nevada.
This event is for USQ club teams only. It does not count as a USQ regional championship, and therefore will not fulfill a bid requirement to attend US Quidditch Cup 2022.
All deadlines are at 11:59 pm ET, except for the roster deadline. Rosters are due 24 hours before the start time of the event.
- Registration Deadlines
- Filled out registration form: Friday December 24, 2021
- Filled out hotel Form: Friday December 31, 2021
- Request attendance on USQ’s calendar event: Friday December 31, 2021
- Registration fees paid: Friday December 31, 2021
- Submit officials crew:
- Submit List of Additional Team Staff (optional): Friday January 14, 2022
- Rosters Due: Friday January 14, 2022
- First Day of Competition: Saturday January 15, 2022
For a team to compete at this event, it must be fully registered for the tournament at least 3 weeks prior to the event. They must be official USQ teams.
The registration process and requirements are as follows:
- Fill out this registration form.
- Reserve hotel rooms and notify USQ of their team’s hotel arrangements by completing this form.
- Register for this calendar event on the USQ calendar. To do this, a team admin will need to login to the USQ website, click on the appropriate event calendar link, and click the button that says "request attendance."
- This event is not included in your USQ membership cost. Prior to being fully registered, your team must pay a registration fee of $200, in addition to $20 per player. These fees can be paid via an invoice emailed to the team’s primary contact.
Teams must also complete the membership requirements listed here to be eligible to compete. These requirements include:
- Having a fully certified coach at least 24 hours before the start of your team’s first official match of the season.
- Completing the team referee and snitch runner requirements.
A team may also choose to designate additional team staff using this form.
Teams are responsible for booking their own accommodations at one of the reserved hotels with USQ’s special rate (see below) or another hotel in Clark County. If you need confirmation if a hotel is in the correct city or county, please reach out to USQ’s Internal Events Manager, Jeremy Schleicher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once hotel rooms are booked, teams must fill out this form. Teams are not considered fully registered for the event until this form is completed. Teams who are exempt from USQ’s stay and play policy do not need to fill out this form.
More information on USQ’s stay and play policy can be found here.
USQ is currently working to acquire group rates for additional hotels, more information will be released in December 2021. Additionally, the overall Sin City Classic hotels can be found at https://www.sincityclassic.org/hotels.
The team orientation packet contains important information for team leaders, coaches, and players. It will contain a list of all policies attendees need to be aware of, as well as a detailed schedule for the weekend. It will also have details about the area. The team orientation packet will be available the week prior to the event.
Additional Team Staff
If your team is bringing any additional staff that would like to have access to the player area during games, please fill out this form by the roster submission deadline for the event your team is attending.
Player Check in and Captains’ Meetings
More information on player check in and captains meeting will be available soon. Make sure to check the orientation packet for any updated information.
Information on the gameplay format will be available on Wednesday, January 5.
VOLUNTEERING AND OFFICIATING
Information on how to sign up to officiate and/or volunteer is available here.
To sign up to referee or snitch, please sign up here.
For questions about officiating, please email email@example.com.
For volunteering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Provided Referees and Snitch Runner
Teams are required to provide referee crews and a snitch runner to help fill several game slots. If a team does not fulfill their referee and snitch runner obligations or their referees and snitch runner do not show up for their games as assigned, they will be subject to forfeit for all remaining games of the tournament. More information on team requirements for officials is available here.
Additional events and activities are planned for before and after tournament play. Please check back for more information.
Attending Official Member Teams
Scores from official games at this event submitted to the USQ website will be displayed here. Please report any errors to email@example.com.
|Date||Team A||Score||Team B||Duration|