Each year, US Quidditch hosts the US Quidditch Cup (previously called “World Cup” prior to the 2015-2016 season) and six-eight regional championships. These events would not be possible without the support of host cities, who provide the infrastructure and financial support necessary to make these large-scale events a reality.
USQ regional championships and the USQ Cup are the largest events of the year, with hundreds of players (or thousands, as with USQ Cup) and thousands more spectators. Potential city hosts will have the benefits of bringing a brand-new, dynamic sport to their region, while attracting a college-aged player base that combined with our Stay and Play policy will result in a tangible economic impact.
The bid manual for events in the 2022-23 season is available here.
Interested parties may review USQ’s bid manual for detailed information on deadlines and requirements for hosting one of USQ’s premier events: US Quidditch Cup and Regional Championships. USQ is also the primary point of contact for those interested in international quidditch tournaments, including the Pan American Games and World Cup hosted by the International Quidditch Association
- To initiate the bid process, interested parties should first download and review the bid manual.
- Potential hosts must submit a completed bid package by April 1, 2021.
- USQ staff will select finalists from among the bids received and will announce the finalists in May 2021.
- USQ staff and volunteers will schedule and conduct site visits for all the finalist locations in June and July 2021.
- The locations and dates for events for the 2022-23 season will be announced in August 2021.
To see more information about the past locations of the events, please see each individual event page:
If you are a representative of a city or CVB interested in learning more information about USQ events or hosting an international quidditch event, or have any questions about the event bidding process, please email Director of Events & Partnerships, Laura Porth at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a player whose team is interested in requesting that a local city, or your campus administration, host a quidditch tournament, please review this page: Getting Your Team Involved in the USQ Event Bid Process.