Player information on this page:
- Important Deadlines
- Team Registration
- Orientation Packet
- Gameplay Format
- Gameplay Information and Policies
- Qualification for US Quidditch Cup
- Volunteering and Officiating
- Post-Event Information
This page contains information on how to register for USQ regional championship or circuit event. Please note that the process for collegiate and club teams is very similar.
Adult Club Circuit Events
We are seeking feedback from club teams on where they would like to have circuit events this season. If you have interest in providing feedback, please email email@example.com. The specific dates and locations for these events will be finalized by the end of September, to allow for input and interest from team. Club teams attending a USQ circuit event can expect to have the same registration deadlines as the regional championship the circuit is being held at. For more information on circuit events, please click here.
All deadlines are at 11:59 pm ET, except for the roster deadline. Rosters are due 24 hours before the start time of each event.
Please note that teams are required to fill out the hotel request form or the stay and play exemption form (whichever is applicable) earlier than the other registration steps. More information about this step in the registration process is available below.
|Stay and Play Exemption Form Due||Thursday, September 26||Thursday, September 26||Thursday, October 3||Thursday, October 3||Thursday, January 2||Thursday, January 9||Thursday, January 16|
|Bid Allocation Registration Due||Sunday, September 30|
|Hotel Request Form Due||Thursday, October 3||Thursday, October 3||Thursday, October 10||Thursday, October 10||Thursday, January 9||Thursday, January 16||Thursday, January 23|
|Registration Deadline (Hotel Reservations Due)||Thursday, October 10||Thursday, October 10||Thursday, October 17||Thursday, October 17||Thursday, January 16||Thursday, January 23||Thursday, January 30|
|Team Logo Submitted (optional)||Sunday, October 13||Sunday, October 13||Sunday, October 13||Sunday, October 13||Sunday, January 26||Sunday, January 26||Sunday, January 26|
|Trading Cards Submitted (optional)||Sunday, October 13||Sunday, October 20||Sunday, October 27||Sunday, October 27||Sunday, January 26||Sunday, February 2||Sunday, February 9|
|Season Play Requirements Due for Collegiate Teams||Sunday, October 13||Sunday, October 20||Sunday, October 27||Sunday, October 27||Sunday, January 26||Sunday, February 2||Sunday, February 9|
|Additional Team Staff Submitted (optional)||Friday, October 25||Friday, November 1||Friday, November 9||Friday, November 9||Friday, February 7||Friday, February 14||Friday, February 21|
|Rosters Due||Friday, October 25||Friday, November 1||Friday, November 9||Friday, November 9||Friday, February 7||Friday, February 14||Friday, February 21|
|First day of Competition||Saturday, October 26||Saturday, November 2||Saturday, November 9||Saturday, November 9||Saturday, February 8||Saturday, February 15||Saturday, February 22|
For a team to compete at a USQ regional championship or circuit event, it must be registered for the tournament at least 3 weeks prior to the event (2 weeks for the Northeast events). For collegiate teams, all season play requirements must be met at least 2 weeks prior to the event. For club teams, there are no season play requirements for circuit events.
Team registration for the regional championship is a five-step process for collegiate teams and a four-step process for club teams. Teams must be official USQ teams before registering for one of these events.
As with previous seasons, a spreadsheet with all teams’ current registration status is available here. It also tracks progress towards bid allocation registration requirements.
- Sign up for hotel accommodations, as required per the stay and play policy, or fill out the exemption form here. The hotel request forms will be available by Friday, September 27 for fall regional teams and by Thursday, October 2 for spring regional teams.
- Fill out the registration form here.
- Register for the event on the calendar. To request attendance, have a team admin login to the USQ website. Then, go to the appropriate event calendar link. Click the blue button that says Request Attendance.
- Reserve hotel rooms by emailing proof of reservation to firstname.lastname@example.org. The easiest way to do this is by forwarding the confirmation email(s) from the hotel. Please use the subject line “Hotel reservation for TEAM at HOTEL”. Replace TEAM with your team’s name and HOTEL with the name of the hotel your team is staying at.
- For collegiate teams, complete pre-regional championship season requirements. For these requirements to count all games must have scores submitted to USQ by the deadline listed above.
- For teams with a fall regional: you must play at least three games against two teams at one event at least two weeks before regionals.
- For teams with a spring regional: you must play at least five games against three teams in two events at least two weeks before regionals.
- To see more information on this policy, click here.
Teams must also complete the membership requirements listed here to be eligible to compete officially in all events, not just USQ hosted regional and national championships. These requirements include:
- Having a fully certified coach at least 24 hours before the start of your team’s first official match of the season
- Completing the team referee and snitch runner requirements.
- If your team is competing at a fall regional championship, you must complete the team referee and snitch runner requirements by the season play deadline for that specific event.
- If your team is competing at a spring regional championship or not going to a regional championship at all but still an official member team, you must complete the requirements by either the season play deadline for the final fall regional championship, or one month after your team registers for the season, whichever comes later.
- For collegiate teams, submitting proof of enrollment for all the players at the beginning of the season (at least 24 hours before the start of the first event they are competing in officially) and again after January 1.
Lastly, there are three optional registration steps a team may do:
- Designate additional team staff
- Submit trading cards for players
- Submit a logo
The hotel request form for USQ regional championships was originally scheduled to be available on Tuesday, September 17 (tomorrow). Due to some delays with the hotel contracting process, we will be releasing it for fall regional teams next week and spring regional teams the week after. The form for fall regional teams will be posted by Friday, September 27. We will email team contacts in those regions as soon as possible with the final date and time. The form for spring regional teams will be posted by Thursday, October 2.
We apologize for the delay. It’s primarily to give us more time to negotiate lower hotel rates with some of our partners. Rates will most likely be between $80 and $125 a night, excluding tax.
Please do not contact the hotels directly to book. To book, fill out the hotel request form. On the hotel request form, teams will be asked to fill out a ranking their choices for accommodations out of the options available, how many rooms they need, how many players they need to house, and how many nights they will be staying. USQ staff will assign teams to hotels on a first come, first serve basis. Once a team has been assigned a hotel, they will be given booking instructions. Please note that hotels may have additional deadlines that teams may need to adhere to. Those deadlines will be communicated by the hotels to the teams during the booking process.
For most hotels, we only have rooms available for Friday and Saturday evening. However, if your team would like to stay additional nights, please let us know through the hotel request form. We are often able to easily add extra nights to our block at the same contracted rate. Non-playing members of your team, including a non-playing coach, team staff, etc are welcome to stay with your players at the same hotel. Just include them with the number of people you need to house when you fill out the hotel request form.
We are finalizing room blocks with hotels, and information on rates will be available over the next couple of weeks. Teams can expect to pay between $80 and $125 a night, excluding tax.
More information on USQ’s stay and play policy and the hotel booking process is available here.
The team orientation packet contains important information for team leaders, coaches, and players. It will contain a list of all policies attendees need to be aware of, as well as a detailed schedule for the weekend. It will also have details about the area. The team orientation packet will be available by the following dates:
- Northeast: Monday, October 14
- Great Lakes: Monday, October 21
- Mid-Atlantic: Monday, October 28
- Midwest: Monday, October 28
- Southwest: Monday, January 27
- South: Monday, February 3
- West: Thursday, February 14
Additional Team Staff
If your team is bringing any additional staff that would like to have access to the player area during games, please fill out this form by the roster submission deadline for the event your team is attending.
Players, coaches, referees, snitch runners, and event staff are invited to submit a trading card. Cards will be printed, assembled into randomized packs, and available for purchase at USQ events. To submit a card, fill out the form below. Here are some important guidelines to be aware of:
- Cards will feature your team's logo, if it was submitted. If your team did not submit a logo, it will feature the regional logo (more information on the team logo form is available below).
- If you do not submit proper photo credit, your card will not be printed. Cards featuring graphics or logos that you do not have permission to use will not be printed.
- All card submissions must be family friendly, G rated. Cards with bad language will not be printed, including those using asterisks to spell out a bad word.
- High resolution is preferred. Cards with photos that are too pixelated may not be printed. If you want to crop your photo, do so to 2.75" wide x 3.75" tall.
- Rare card submissions should be done through this form. A rare card can be many things. It could be a tribute to a particular player or group of people, a shout out to a group of friends, a photo of a quidditch pet, a reference to an inside joke, etc. Please note that rare cards must follow the same policies as the other cards, including being family friendly. Not all rare card submissions will be printed. USQ staff curates them with an eye towards variety and relatability.
- The majority of cards will be of players. Only rostered players are permitted.
- A limited number of cards for referees, snitch runners, event staff, and non-playing coaches will be printed, along with rare cards.
- Please submit one form per card.
Here are the deadlines. The form links will be available at the end of September.
- Northeast: due Sunday, October 13 at 11:59pm ET
- Great Lakes: due Sunday, October 20 at 11:59pm ET
- Mid-Atlantic: due Sunday, October 27 at 11:59 pm ET
- Midwest: due Sunday, October 27 at 11:59 pm ET
- Southwest: due Sunday, January 26 at 11:59 pm ET
- South: due Sunday, February 2 at 11:59 pm ET
- West: due Sunday, February 9 at 11:59 pm ET
Also, we are looking for up to date team logos for everyone competing! You can submit your team’s logo here.
Player Check in and Captains’ Meetings
Player check-in will happen at select hotels on Friday evening. We encourage teams to check in at the appropriate hotel on Friday night in order to avoid possible delays at the tournament site Saturday morning. Any players, coaches, or non-playing staff that do not check in on Friday evening must check in on Saturday morning. Any player who has not yet checked in will not be permitted to enter the fields, nor will they be permitted to play in any games until they have completed the registration process. Players who violate this policy are at risk of disqualifying their entire team from the event.
Captains’ meetings will be held at the the same hotels as player check-in. Each meeting will be between USQ event staff and the captains. It is mandatory that captains attend one of the meetings. If no representative from your team will be able to attend any of these meeting times, please let us know in advance via email at email@example.com. During this meeting, USQ event staff will provide an overview of the event, describe tournament-specific policies, and answer questions. Each team is required to send at least one (and no more than three) representative(s) to the meeting.
Information on the gameplay format for each regional championship will be available on the following dates:
- Northeast: Wednesday, October 16
- Great Lakes: Wednesday, October 23
- Mid-Atlantic: Wednesday, October 30
- Midwest: Wednesday, October 30
- Southwest: Wednesday, January 29
- South: Wednesday, February 5
- West: Wednesday, February 12
Northeast Regional Championship Gameplay Format
This information will be available on Wednesday, October 16.
Great Lakes Regional Championship Gameplay Format
This information will be available on Wednesday, October 23.
Midwest Regional Championship Gameplay Format
This information will be available on Wednesday, October 30.
Southwest Regional Championship Gameplay Format
This information will be available on Wednesday, January 29.
South Regional Championship Gameplay Format
This information will be available on Wednesday, February 5.
West Regional Championship Gameplay Format
This information will be available on Wednesday, February 12.
Information is available here.
Information on how to sign up to officiate and/or volunteer is available here. For questions about officiating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For volunteering, please contact email@example.com.
Team Provided Referees and Snitch Runner
Teams are required to submit referee crews and a snitch runner to help fill several game slots. If a team does not fulfill their referee and snitch runner obligations or their referees and snitch runner do not show up for their games as assigned, they will be subject to forfeit for all remaining games of the tournament.
Do you have any feedback about the event? Please fill out our event survey here!
Referee evaluations may be submitted by coaches, players, other referees, spectators, or event staff. Please use this form to submit a review for any referee (including head referees, lead assisatant referees, assistant referees, or snitch referees).
Please use this form to submit a snitch evaluation.
If you have any other feedback or more lengthy thoughts after the event, we encourage you to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.