Team Registration for Regional Championships
Player information on this page:
- Important Deadlines
- Team Registration
- Orientation Packet
- Gameplay Format
- Gameplay Information and Policies
- Qualification for US Quidditch Cup
- Volunteering and Officiating
- Post-Event Information
This page contains information on how to register for USQ regional championships.
All USQ events are following strict COVID protocols. To learn more about COVID-19 updates from USQ, please click here.
All deadlines are at 11:59 pm ET, except for the roster deadline. Rosters are due 24 hours before the start time of each event.
For a team to compete at a USQ regional championship or circuit event, it must be fully registered for the tournament at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
The schedule of club circuit events will be available at a later date.
|Registration Deadline (hotel information due)||Friday, October 8||Friday, October 15||Friday, October 15||Friday, October 22||Friday, February 4||Friday, February 11|
|Deadline to Submit Team Logo (optional)||Sunday, October 3||Sunday, October 10||Sunday, October 10||Sunday, October 17||Sunday, January 30||Sunday, January 30|
|Deadline to Submit Trading Cards (optional)||
Sunday, October 10
Sunday, October 17
Sunday, October 17
Sunday, October 24
|Sunday, January 30||Sunday, January 30|
|Submit List of Additional Team Staff (optional)||Friday, October 22||Friday, October 29||Friday, October 29||Friday, November 5||Friday, February 18||Friday, February 25|
|Rosters Due||Friday, October 22||Friday, October 29||Friday, October 29||Friday, November 5||Friday, February 18||Friday, February 25|
|First Day of Competition||Saturday, October 22||Saturday, October 30||Saturday, October 30||Saturday, November 6||Saturday, February 19||Saturday, February 26|
Note: The South Regional Championship for the 2021-22 season has been rescheduled and relocated. It will now take place in Myrtle Beach, SC on February 12-13, 2022 at the Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium. Information on registration deadlines will be updated soon.
For a team to compete at a USQ regional championship, it must be fully registered for the tournament at least 2 weeks prior to the event. For collegiate and club teams, there are no season play requirements for regional championships.
Teams must be official USQ teams before registering for one of these events.
The registration process and requirements are the same for collegiate and club teams. Each will need to do the following:
- Fill out this registration form. Teams that wish to attend more than one regional event have two choices for registering; 1) select which events they want to attend and fill out the form once for all of them; 2) submit separate registration forms for each event. This form must be submitted three weeks prior to the event.
- Register for the event on the USQ calendar. Links are available on this page and on the USQ events calendar. To do this, a team admin will need to login to the USQ website, click on the appropriate event calendar link, and click the button that says "request attendance."
- Reserve hotel rooms and notify USQ of their team’s hotel arrangements by completing this form.
Teams must also complete the membership requirements listed here to be eligible to compete officially in all events, not just USQ hosted regional and national championships. These requirements include:
- Having a fully certified coach at least 24 hours before the start of your team’s first official match of the season
- Completing the team referee and snitch runner requirements.
- If your team is competing at a fall regional championship, you must complete the team referee and snitch runner requirements by the season play deadline for that specific event.
- If your team is competing at a spring regional championship or not going to a regional championship at all but still an official member team, you must complete the requirements by either the season play deadline for the final fall regional championship, or one month after your team registers for the season, whichever comes later.
- For collegiate teams, proof of enrollment for all the players at the beginning of the season (at least 24 hours before the start of the first event they are competing in officially).
Lastly, there are three optional registration steps a team may do:
- Designate additional team staff using this form.
- Submit trading cards for players
- Submit a logo
Please ensure your team submits an attendance request to the calendar event that corresponds to your team’s division. The links below are listed chronologically.
|Mid-Atlantic Regional Championship||MARC collegiate division||MARC club division|
|Northeast Regional Championship||NERC collegiate division||NERC club division|
|Midwest Regional Championship||MWRC collegiate division||MWRC club division|
|Great Lakes Regional Championship||GLRC collegiate division||GLRC club division|
|Southwest Regional Championship||SWRC collegiate division||SWRC club division|
|West Regional Championship||WRC collegiate division||WRC club division|
Teams are responsible for booking their own accommodations at one of the reserved hotels with USQ’s special rate (see below) or another hotel in the championship city or county. If you need confirmation if a hotel is in the correct city or county, please reach out to USQ’s Events Manager, Jeremy Schleicher at email@example.com.
Once hotel rooms are booked, teams must fill out this form. Teams are not considered fully registered for regionals until this form is completed. Teams who are exempt from USQ’s stay and play policy do not need to fill out this form.
More information on USQ’s stay and play policy can be found here.
Mid-Atlantic Regional Championship
Hampton Inn & Suites- Virginia Center
1101 Technology Park Dr, Glen Allen, VA 23059
To Book rooms: click here.
Teams must stay within the Richmond Region which includes the City of Richmond, Colonial Heights, Henrico County (where the fields are located), Hanover County, Chesterfield County, New Kent, and the Town of Ashland. If you'd like a discounted rate at select hotels, you may book rooms at USQ's group rate here.
Northeast Regional Championship
Hyatt Place Warwick
800 Jefferson Blvd, Warwick, RI 02886
To Book rooms: click here and use code: G-QUID
Radisson Hotel Providence Airport
2081 Post Rd, Warwick, RI 02886
To book rooms:Call 1-800-333-333 and mention Radisson Hotel Providence Airport and US Quidditch.
Teams must stay within the state of Rhode Island.
Midwest Regional Championship
Due to contractual obligations, teams competing in this region must stay within their competitions’ designated hotel room block.
Teams must stay in one of these hotels:
Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Papillion
465 Olson Drive Papillion, Nebraska 68046
To book rooms: click here
Comfort Suites La Vista - Omaha
8121 Eastport Parkway, La Vista, NE, 68128
To book rooms: click here
Great Lakes Regional Championship
Hilton Garden Inn & Suites Cincinnati/West Chester
9306 Schulze Dr, West Chester Township, OH 45069
To book rooms: click here and use special code: USQ or call 513-860-3170 and mention USQ
Teams must stay within Butler County, Ohio.
Southwest Regional Championship
Hotels coming soon
West Regional Championship
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort
10000 North Oracle Road, Tucson, AZ 85704
To book rooms: click here and use code USQ225
La Posada Lodge & Casitas
5900 North Oracle Road, Tucson, AZ 85704
To book: Call (520) 887-4800 and mention US Quidditch
Teams must stay within the Tucson area but they cannot stay in Marana properties.
The process below could change prior to the start of regional championships. Make sure to check the orientation packet for any updated information.
The team orientation packet contains important information for team leaders, coaches, and players. It will contain a list of all policies attendees need to be aware of, as well as a detailed schedule for the weekend. It will also have details about the area. The team orientation packet will be available by the following dates:
- Mid-Atlantic: Friday, October 14
- Northeast: Friday, October 22
- Midwest:Friday, October 22
- Great Lakes:Friday, October 29
- Southwest: Monday, February 7
- West: Monday, February 14
Additional Team Staff
If your team is bringing any additional staff that would like to have access to the player area during games, please fill out this form by the roster submission deadline for the event your team is attending.
Players, coaches, referees, snitch runners, and event staff are invited to submit a trading card. Cards will be printed, assembled into randomized packs, and available for purchase at USQ events. To submit a card, fill out the form below. Here are some important guidelines to be aware of:
- Cards will feature your team's logo, if it was submitted. If your team did not submit a logo, it will feature the regional logo (more information on the team logo form is available below).
- If you do not submit proper photo credit, your card will not be printed. Cards featuring graphics or logos that you do not have permission to use will not be printed.
- All card submissions must be family friendly, G rated. Cards with bad language will not be printed, including those using asterisks to spell out a bad word.
- This season, we are not including captions or descriptions for cards. This is to make it easier for USQ staff to review and design all the card submissions.
- High resolution is preferred. Cards with photos that are too pixelated may not be printed. If you want to crop your photo, do so to 2.75" wide x 3.75" tall.
- Rare card submissions should be done through this form. A rare card can be many things. It could be a tribute to a particular player or group of people, a shout out to a group of friends, a photo of a quidditch pet, a reference to an inside joke, etc. Please note that rare cards must follow the same policies as the other cards, including being family friendly. Not all rare card submissions will be printed. USQ staff curates them with an eye towards variety and relatability.
- The majority of cards will be of players. Only rostered players are permitted.
- A limited number of cards for referees, snitch runners, event staff, and non-playing coaches will be printed, along with rare cards.
- Please submit one form per card.
Here are the deadlines and form links.
- Mid-Atlantic: Sunday, October 10
- Northeast: Sunday, October 17
- Midwest: Sunday, October 17
- Great Lakes: Sunday, October 24
- Southwest: Sunday, January 30
- West: Sunday, January 30
Also, we are looking for up to date team logos for everyone competing! You can submit your team’s logo here.
Player Check in and Captains’ Meetings
Player check-in will happen at select hotels on Friday evening. We encourage teams to check in at the appropriate hotel on Friday night in order to avoid possible delays at the tournament site Saturday morning. Any players, coaches, or non-playing staff that do not check in on Friday evening must check in on Saturday morning. Any player who has not yet checked in will not be permitted to enter the fields, nor will they be permitted to play in any games until they have completed the registration process. Players who violate this policy are at risk of disqualifying their entire team from the event.
Captains’ meetings will be held at the the same hotels as player check-in. Each meeting will be between USQ event staff and the captains. It is mandatory that captains attend one of the meetings. If no representative from your team will be able to attend any of these meeting times, please let the Director of Events & Partnerships know in advance via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. During this meeting, USQ event staff will provide an overview of the event, describe tournament-specific policies, and answer questions. Each team is required to send only one representative to the meeting.
Information on the gameplay format for each regional championship will be available on the following dates:
- Mid-Atlantic: Wednesday, October 13
- Northeast: Wednesday, October 20
- Midwest: Wednesday, October 20
- Great Lakes: Wednesday, October 27
- Southwest: Wednesday, February 9
- West: Wednesday, February 16
Mid-Atlantic Regional Championship Gameplay Format
This information will be available on Wednesday, October 13.
Northeast Regional Championship Gameplay Format
This information will be available on Wednesday, October 20.
Midwest Regional Championship Gameplay Format
This information will be available on Wednesday, October 20.
Great Lakes Regional Championship Gameplay Format
This information will be available on Wednesday, October 27.
Southwest Regional Championship Gameplay Format
This information will be available on Wednesday, February 9.
West Regional Championship Gameplay Format
This information will be available on Wednesday, February 16.
Information on how to sign up to officiate and/or volunteer is available here. For questions about officiating, please email email@example.com. For volunteering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Provided Referees and Snitch Runner
Teams are required to provide referee crews and a snitch runner to help fill several game slots. If a team does not fulfill their referee and snitch runner obligations or their referees and snitch runner do not show up for their games as assigned, they will be subject to forfeit for all remaining games of the tournament. More information on team requirements for officials is available here.
Do you have any feedback about the event? Please fill out our event survey here!
Referee evaluations may be submitted by coaches, players, other referees, spectators, or event staff. Please use this form to submit a review for any referee (including head referees, lead assistant referees, or assistant referees).
Please use this form to submit a snitch evaluation.
If you have any other feedback or more lengthy thoughts after the event, we encourage you to reach out to the USQ Events Department at email@example.com.