USQ offers a referee membership to all those who would like to become a head (HR) or lead assistant referee (LAR) for the league. Any individual who wants to attempt HR or LAR certification must first either upgrade their player membership or purchase referee membership. All referee memberships will expire on June 30. Upgrades can be done on the 'Membership' tab of your USQ dashboard.
Only certified Head Referees aged 17 years and older may be paid to officiate an adult competitive quidditch game. Head referees will earn $20 for all events sanctioned or unsanctioned. Lead Assistant Referees are paid $10 per official USQ match.
REFEREE — $20 NON-PLAYER/ $0 PLAYER
Included in USQ referee membership:
- Head referee written test and field testing opportunity
- Accident insurance coverage while working at USQ official events
- Ability to be recruited, assigned, and paid for working as a head referee at a USQ official match
- Ability to be recruited, assigned, and paid for working as a lead assistant referee at a USQ official match
- Access to additional development resources throughout the season
- Eligibility to be nominated for Referee of the Month award
- Eligibility to be nominated for annual Referee of the Year award
- Participation rights in league-wide polls that influence membership, gameplay policies, and more
- Eligible to participate in USQ's mentorship program (temporarily paused for the 21-22 season)
REGISTER FOR THE 2021-22 SEASON
To become a member:
- Sign up for a free account on the USQ website by clicking “Register”. If you have a free account, be sure to log-in.
- Once you have signed up/logged-in, go to ‘My Dashboard’ and click on ‘Membership’.
- Then please click ‘Upgrade My Membership’. Follow the prompts which will guide you through your membership options and help you complete your registration.
- If you are a USQ registered player, the option to upgrade to a $0 referee membership will be available to you.
- If you are a non-player, it will show as a $20 referee membership.
- You’ll be required to upload a 400x800 headshot of yourself on the first page when registering.
Before OR Once you complete your membership:
- Visit the 'Become a Referee' page by clicking here to start your referee certification quizzes.
Certification details for referees can be found by clicking here.