Player & Non-Playing Team Staff Membership
USQ offers seasonal adult and non-playing team staff. Individuals may register at any point during the year, although these memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable, and will expire on June 30. At this time, individual youth membership is not available, only youth team memberships.
SEASONAL PLAYER MEMBERSHIP
ADULT PLAYER — $60
Adult players (17+) can compete with one adult member team throughout the course of the season for $60, with free registration to the team's regional championship tournament. Anyone under the age of 17 is not permitted to compete with a competitive adult team.
Both adult player membership includes the following:
- Eligibility to play on an official team and compete in official matches, as well as participate in USQ-sanctioned events
- Insurance coverage while participating in any official matches, as well as USQ-sanctioned events in the U.S.
- Free registration for regional championships and ability to compete to qualify for the national championship
- Participation in league-wide polls
To become a member:
- Sign up for a free account on the USQ website by clicking “Register”. If you have a free account, be sure to log-in.
- Once you have signed up/logged-in, go to ‘My Dashboard’ and click on ‘Membership’.
- Then please click ‘Upgrade My Membership’. Follow the prompts which will guide you through your membership options and help you complete your registration.
- You’ll be required to upload a 400x800 headshot of yourself on the first page.
Non-playing team staff
adult NON-PLAYING TEAM STAFF - FREE
If you are a non-playing/non-coaching member of your team staff, you are welcome to sign-up for this free USQ membership.
- To become a member, click on the link here
- Register if you do not have account. Log-in if you do
- Click on ‘Membership’
- Click on ‘Upgrade Your Membership’ and fill out the information as directed and then select 'non-playing team staff' membership when prompted.
USQ is currently updating our youth quidditch membership program! Stay tuned for more information.
We encourage all youth teams to sign up for our free team directory! It's a great way to provide visibility for your team and to stay in the loop of quidditch happenings. To sign your team up for this free resource, please follow the steps below:
- Create an account using this link.
- Once an account is created, click on 'My Team'
- Choose 'Register A Free Team'
- You then can sign up your team for the directory!
TRIAL PLAYER MEMBERSHIP
TRIAL PLAYER — $10
USQ understands that attendance at a large and competitive event often ‘hooks’ new players on the sport, and for this reason the option of an individual trial membership exists. For $10, a new member may be added to a team roster for and attend one event, excluding regionals and US Quidditch Cup. If a trial member wishes to continue playing after this point, the individual can then purchase a full seasonal individual membership.
Individual memberships will not be pro-rated with the purchase of a trial membership.
A one-time-use trial membership includes the following:
- Eligibility to play on one official member team for the duration of one event
- Insurance coverage while participating in the above one event
Trial memberships cannot be used as a replacement for the Non-Member Sanctioned Event Fee.
To sign up for a trial membership:
- Sign up for a free account on the USQ website by clicking “Register”
- Once you have signed up for a free account, fill out the “Purchasing a Trial Membership” info on the left side bar of this page and click “Buy Now” to fulfill the payment portion required.
- After purchasing your trial, USQ Staff will reach out to confirm your account has been upgraded.
US Quidditch membership is open to teams and individuals residing within the United States of America. Teams and individuals residing in other countries should seek to register with their respective quidditch national governing body. If, throughout the season, it is discovered that a team or individual is not located within the USA, then that team or individual will be at that point barred from the league without refund or eligibility to participate in further events. Any official games played by this team throughout the season will be disqualified.
- Hold citizenship.
- Have lived in the country for at least three years.
- Have played quidditch only in the US.
Individuals who have split residency and live part-time in the United States may be granted an exception to compete on a USQ team on a case-by-case basis. Exceptions will be based on proof of split residency, extenuating circumstances, and discussion with the other country's national governing body as applicable. Requests for an exception must be submitted by email to email@example.com. Requests for an exception will be evaluated within two weeks of submission, and the exception must be granted before the player registers for USQ membership.
Proof of enrollment
All players on a collegiate team must attend the same school and must submit proof of enrollment twice per season to firstname.lastname@example.org. The documentation must be either official proof of enrollment from their school’s registrar or an official class schedule season showing the player’s full name, the full name of the school, and the term of enrollment. Additional forms of proof of enrollment may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Faculty, staff, and community members who are not enrolled in classes are not permitted to play on a school's collegiate team unless they are also enrolled in classes.
Players and teams are subject to penalties for roster violations. For more information about collegiate player eligibility requirements, please click here.