US Quidditch offers a comprehensive non-transferable and non-refundable seasonal coach membership for $50, which includes a certification process. Upon completion of the certification process, a USQ coach member can boast the first and only quidditch coach certification. The seasonal coach membership will expire on June 30. If an adult player or referee would like to also become a coach, they can upgrade their membership for a $25 upgrade fee. Upgrade can be done on the 'Membership' tab of your USQ dashboard.
COACH — $50
Included in USQ coach membership:
- Paperback copy of USQ rulebook*
- Information to access online concussion workshop
- Ability to take USQ online quiz on policies and procedures
- Upon completion of the above, USQ coach certification
- Insurance coverage while coaching any USQ official events
- Eligibility to apply for a USQ grant to help cover certification costs *
*These member perks are available only to non-playing coaches; a coach member upgrade is not eligible.
To become a member:
- Sign up for a free account on the USQ website by clicking “Register”. If you have a free account, be sure to log-in.
- Once you have signed up/logged-in, go to ‘My Dashboard’ and click on ‘Membership’.
- Then please click ‘Upgrade My Membership’. Follow the prompts which will guide you through your membership options and help you complete your registration.
- You’ll be required to upload a 400x800 headshot of yourself on the first page.
After you complete your membership:
- Complete the free NFHS concussion training found by clicking here. Email a screenshot of the confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject:
- "Coach Concussion Training - Your Last Name' (Example 'Coach Concussion Training - Benepe')
- Complete a USQ policy quiz found by clicking here.
Non-Playing team staff - free
If you are a non-playing/non-coaching member of your team staff, you are welcome to sign-up for this free USQ membership.
- To become a member, click on the link here
- Register if you do not have account. Log-in if you do
- Click on ‘Membership’
- Click on ‘Upgrade Your Membership’ and fill out the information as directed and then select 'non-playing team staff' membership when prompted.
An individual can play for a maximum of one team and can coach for a maximum of one team. The team for which one plays need not be the team for which one coaches; if the two teams do differ, two separate memberships must be purchased (an individual cannot use the upgrade option when two different teams are involved). The coach member must be present when a team participates in the Regional Championship and US Quidditch Cup events. In this situation, the coach should join the team for which they wish to play on the USQ website and send an email to email@example.com to inform the league of their intention to coach a different team. USQ will provide the dual member with a letter of approval, which must be presented at each tournament.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or visit our FAQ page by clicking here.