Rules Adaptations for Kids
Play for young children should emphasize sportsmanship, with no unecessarily rough beating and absolutely no physical contact. The snitch should be kept near the pitch (within six feet, with supervision), to avoid kids running far off pitch unsupervised.
- NO TACKLING.
- Snitches must be in sight of the pitch at all times. Think a six-foot perimeter.
- Try to keep kids in their chosen positions.
- NO TACKLING. Super serious about this one, guys.
- Lead good examples of and encourage sportsmanship.
- Only keepers and chasers can touch the quaffle.
- Only beaters can touch the bludgers.
- Only the seeker can catch the snitch.
- Keepers can play like a chaser but also need to remember to guard the hoops.
- If you are beat/hit with a bludger, you must drop whatever you are holding, get off of your broom, run back to the hoops, and tag the hoops before getting back in the game.
- The quaffle is worth 10 points and the snitch is worth 30 points. Once a team catches the snitch, the game is over.