About US Quidditch
US Quidditch is the national governing body for the sport of quidditch. USQ advances the sport by organizing events and programs that build community and empower all genders to compete together.
Inspired by the Harry Potter novels and founded in 2010, we serve over 4,000 athletes on almost 200 teams nationwide and provide a range of services, from hosting nine major tournaments and supervising regular season competition, to supporting and certifying referees, snitches, and tournament directors, offering grants, and working to expand the sport into younger age groups through outreach programs at the elementary, middle, and high school levels. US Quidditch is a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
Membership in USQ is open to teams and individuals in any age group in the United States.
- We establish the foundation for long-term sustainability through regulations, innovation, and expansion.
- We provide competitive opportunities for every level of athlete.
- We build a safe, inclusive, and respectful community.
- We strive to be a leader in gender inclusivity for all age groups.
- We create meaningful community partnerships.
- We develop and empower future leaders.
We envision a future where every person in the United States is aware of quidditch as a sport and has opportunities to play and engage at all levels.