US Quidditch is proud to offer event sanctioning to standardize tournament play and provide a higher standard of quality and safety for players nationwide.
USQ members may attend sanctioned events for free. Non-members must pay $10 per person to attend a sanctioned event, which may be paid using the button on the left sidebar of this page. All official matches, including non-sanctioned events that meet the criteria for official matches, are covered under USQ's accident insurance policy.
If my event is sanctioned, what will USQ provide?
For a sanctioned event, USQ is happy to provide the following, upon request:
- Insurance coverage – Certificate of additional insured to cover the event & facility, upon request.
- USQ social media marketing and advertising for the event, including press contacts to promote event
- Financial support, on a case-by-case basis*
- Assistance in additional planning aspects as requested
As a tournament host, what will I need to provide?
- Certified head referees ($15/game) and certified lead assistant referees ($10/game) paid the standard league fee for all games, including unofficial matches
- If used, certified snitch runners paid the standard league fee for all games ($8/game), including unofficial matches
- Facility for event including: high quality playing fields (soft turf or grass), clear field demarcation, ample on-site water, access to bathrooms, and food on-site or nearby
- Professional, nonplaying medical staff onsite and an overall injury report submitted after the event
- Standard and safe equipment: hoops, brooms, balls, and clear scoreboards
- Logical gameplay procedures: overall structure, pool assignment, bracket seeding, tiebreaker mechanism
- Schedule released at least one week in advance: gameplay, referees, snitches, and other volunteers
- All tournament essentials (including those listed above) reserved and confirmed a reasonable amount of time before the tournament date. USQ is happy to provide support in securing the essentials described above, given reasonable notice.
To apply to have a tournament sanctioned by USQ, the tournament director must submit an application no later than one month in advance of the event. If approved, a full event budget must be submitted to USQ no later than two weeks in advance of the event.
For consideration for financial support, applications should be submitted two months in advance.
To apply for event sanctioning, click here.
*If financial support is requested, a full itemized event budget must be submitted two months in advance along with a statement of need and purpose for the requested funds. Financial support provided by USQ is intended to be supplementary funding that should not replace other primary sources of funding, including team accounts, registration fees, and local donations. Funds are awarded based upon available regional funding, evidence of need, and quality of proposal. Typical awards of financial support range from $100-$300 and are generally used towards tournament essentials including field reservations and medic costs.
2016-2017 Sanctioned Events
|Northeast Regional Fantasy||August 6, 2016||Northeast|
|West Fantasy||August 6-7, 2016||West|
|Crimson Cup III||September 24, 2016||West|
|Turtle Cup VI||October 8, 2016||Mid-Atlantic|
|Keystone Cup III||October 8, 2016||Mid-Atlantic|
|Midwest Warmup||October 22-23, 2016||Midwest|
|Lone Star Invitational||December 3, 2016||Southwest|
|Threaux Me Something Mister Quidditch Expeaux||December 3, 2016||Southwest|
|Midwest Winter Fantasy IV||January 28, 2017||Midwest|
2015-2016 Sanctioned Events
|Gruesome Twosomes Summer Fantasy||July 18, 2015||Northeast|
|New Jersey Fantasy Tournament||August 15, 2015||Mid-Atlantic|
|Turtle Cup||September 26, 2015||Mid-Atlantic|
|Spooky Spectacular||October 4, 2015||Mid-Atlantic|
|Keystone Cup II||October 10, 2015||Mid-Atlantic|
|Cowboy Cup V||October 10, 2015||Southwest|
|Wolf Pack Classic IV||October 17, 2015||Southwest|
|Keep Quidditch Weird||December 5, 2015||Northwest|
|New Jersey Round Robin III||December 11, 2015||Mid-Atlantic|
|Anthill Smackdown||January 16, 2016||West|
|Scottish Highland Games||January 16-17, 2016||South|
|Midwest Winter Fantasy||January 23, 2016||Midwest|
|Bat City Showcase||January 30, 2016||Southwest|
|Dan Hanson Invitational III||January 30-31, 2016||West|
|Cat City Invitational||March 5, 2016||Northeast|
|NCQC Community Finale||March 19, 2016||West|
|St. Mary's Tournament||May 6, 2016||Mid-Atlantic|
2014-2015 Sanctioned Events
|Oktoberfest Invitational||October 11, 2014||Northeast|
|3rd Annual Diamond Cup||October 11, 2014||Southwest|
|The Keystone Cup||October 18, 2014||Mid-Atlantic|
|Cowboy Cup IV||October 18, 2014||Southwest|
|3rd Annual Wolf Pack Classic||October 25, 2014||Southwest|
|South Bay Spookfest||October 25, 2014||West|
|Northeast Classic||October 25-26, 2014||Northeast|
|Renegade Cup||November 15, 2014||South|
|Next Best West 2||November 22, 2014||West|
|Snow Cup V||January 2-3, 2015||West|
|Scottish Highland Games||January 17, 2015||South|
|The L.A. Open||January 17-18, 2015||West|
|Midwest Winter Fantasy II||February 7, 2015||Midwest|
|Alamo Cup||February 7, 2015||Southwest|
|Dan Hanson Invitational II||March 14, 2015||West|
|Midwest Fantasy: Pre-Split edition||June 6-7, 2015||Midwest|
|2nd Annual Steel City Fantasy Tournament||June 13, 2015||Mid-Atlantic|
|West Fantasy 2015||June 20-21, 2015||West|
|Gotta Train 'Em All 2||June 27, 2015||Mid-Atlantic|